As much as I love hummus, nothing beats making it yourself — it just has that extra oomph!
Here’s my version of hummus (makes two small servings)
Blend all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until desired consistency.
1 can organic chick peas
2 cloves organic garlic
Juice of a organic lemon
1/2 teaspoon of organic cayenne pepper
Dash of cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
Dash of sea salt
Serve over organic kale!
Some health benefits of hummus
1. Chick peas are rich in protein and high in fiber.
2. Olive oil can help regulate cholesterol. It’s a good fat!
3. Hummus contains Omega 3 fatty acids.
4. Garlic and lemon juice are filled with anti-oxidants.
5. Chick peas have a variety of vitamins and minerals, including manganese, zinc, magnesium, copper and iron.